This is a very detailed tutorial that provides different ways to insert or type a music symbol (♪) anywhere on your PC, such as Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, whether you are using a Windows or Mac keyboard. Your’will learn all the simple methods, including the key combination of the musical viola.
Without wasting time, let’s get started.
Music Quick Start Guide (♪)
To type the music icon anywhere on your PC or laptop keyboard (for example, in Microsoft Word or Excel), press + 2669 for Mac. And if you’re using Windows, just press the Alt key and type 13 with the number pad on the right.
To enter this character in MS Word, just type 2669, highlight it and press Alt + X to get the musical character.
The following table contains everything you need to know to enter this character in Windows and Mac. It even includes a combination of music icons and alt code keys.
|Name Symbol||A musical symbol|
|Symbol Alt code 1||13|
|Short overview for Windows||Alt + 13|
|Abbreviation of Mac||Option + 2669|
|A shortcut to the word||2669, Alt+X|
More information about the music character set ♪.
Whether you are using Windows or Mac, the above information is sufficient to write the musical character in a Word/Excel document.
However, if you are not satisfied with this quick help, read below where I explain in detail how to get the music icon or any other icon anywhere on your Mac or Windows PC, such as in MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
As you may already know, there are several keyboard double-keys that are compatible with both Windows and Mac. That is, there are characters on the keyboard that are easily accessible as secondary keys. By simply pressing two or more keys at once, you can easily insert these characters into your work. If you z. B. Press Shift + 7, the ampersand (&) is displayed.
However, the other characters are not printed as a second key on the keyboard. It makes it harder to hit. One of these symbols is the music symbol (♪).
Typing becomes very difficult for you if you regularly have to insert some of these characters into your work.
But it doesn’t have to be difficult. Especially as you read this step-by-step guide.
To insert the music icon in Word/Excel
In the following paragraphs I will show you all the easy ways to type or paste this symbol (music – ♪) anywhere on your Windows or Mac PC (for example, in Word or Excel or PowerPoint).
In a few minutes, I will explain some methods you can use to get music (♪) and other characters, depending on your needs.
To guide you quickly, press the Alt key and type 13 alt on the numeric keypad. You can also press + 2669 on a Mac.
However, the methods are explained in detail below without going into further detail.
1. Music icon ♪ Shortcuts (Windows and Mac).
Shortcut for music icons for Mac – Option + 2669.
There are several keyboard shortcuts in Windows, some of which only work in Microsoft Word.
However, there is a Windows shortcut for Music Board that works in all applications. This is the Alt+13 key combination (discussed in the next section).
Music icon for Microsoft Word – 2669, Alt X. This only works in Microsoft Word.
To use it on Windows (for Word), follow these instructions:
- Place the cursor at the desired location.
- Select 2669 on the keyboard, then press Alt + X.
The numbers are then replaced by the music symbol where you placed the cursor.
Below we decipher how to use the music icon shortcut for Mac:
- First, place the cursor where you want to insert the character.
- Now simultaneously press Option + 2669 on the Mac keyboard.
This key combination should insert the icon for you on your Mac PC.
In the next section, I’ll show you how to use the alt-code music symbol to enter a character on the keyboard.
2. Alt code of music symbols (for Windows)
Music (♪) Alt Code Symbol 13.
Each symbol in Word has a unique code that you can use to insert the symbol into your document. This code is also called the alt code.
Below are the steps for entering this character on the keyboard (using the Alt code shown above):
- Press the numeric keypad lock key to activate the numeric keypad. Use Fn + NumLk to enable the numeric lock on laptops without a numeric keypad.
- Hold down the Alt key and use the numeric keypad to enter 13.
- After entering the Alt code (e.g. 13), release the [Alt] key.
As soon as you release the Alt key, the music icon (♪) should appear in your document.
3. Copy and paste the music icon
Use the button below to copy and paste the music icon for your work.
My preferred method for pasting characters is copy and paste.
With this method, all you have to do is type the character you want to type into Google and copy it from one of the search results. Once you have pasted a symbol into a document, you can copy and paste it again whenever you need to.
Use the button above to place this character in your clipboard.
There is another way to copy this character and any other character in Windows. This is due to the use of the Windows character statement.
Follow these steps to copy and paste any character using a character map.
- Find the Drawing Board application by pressing the Start button.
- The Character Map application appears in the search results. Click on it to start it.
- Once the drawing board window is open, click on the Preview checkbox to enlarge the window and get more options.
- Under Additional view, type in the search field Eighth sighting.
- The symbol you are looking for (i.e. the symbol of the eighth note) is now displayed in the symbol map. Double-click it to select it. You will see the symbol appear in the Symbols to copy box. This allows you to select and copy multiple characters at once.
- After selecting the character you want to copy, click the Copy button.
- Go to where you need the symbol, whether in MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint, and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
To copy and paste a musical character using a character map in Windows.
4. Using the dialog box for inserting characters
This approach is not as simple as the quick methods. But it’s very simple.
And once you’ve inserted a symbol into a document, you can copy and paste it whenever you need it in your work.
The following section describes the steps for inserting a musical character into a word using the Insert Character dialog box.
- On the Insert tab, click on the Symbols button and select More Symbols ……
With these few clicks the dialog box with symbols appears.
- Find the character you want to insert.
To easily find the music symbol in the symbol window, look at the bottom of the dialog box and type 266A or 266B in the symbol code: on the field. The icon of the music you want to insert is selected after you enter the code.
- Click on the Insert button.
It is also possible to double click on a symbol to insert it into the document.
To insert a music symbol into a word, use the Insert Symbol dialog box.
As you can see, there are several ways to insert or enter the music symbol into Word/Excel, with or without a keyboard.
My favorite method is copy and paste, followed by shortcuts. The alt-code method is also simple.
If you have any comments or questions about this guide to music boards, please send them to me in the Comments section below.
Thanks for the read.
how to type a flat symbol, how to type music notes in word, music flat symbol on mac keyboard, music symbol font, music symbols and meanings, aesthetic music note, musical symbols (unicode block), alt key codes musical symbols