Ryzen 7 3800x when paired with the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x can make a pretty good combination. The best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x should support both heavy games and software efficiently.
The best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x should cater to the need of the user and also be gentle on the pricing. Choosing the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x can be tough as there are so many motherboards from various companies with different capabilities.
The search for the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x can be made easier if the user has a planned approach to the use of the motherboard. Only after knowing and understanding the need of the motherboard, we can find a motherboard that performs the best with our set up.
Planning is also important because the motherboard needs to be connected to various components and if the user is not sure about the setup then a problem can occur.
Our Pick For 10 Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 3800x
The ROG Strix X570-E motherboard provides one of the best gaming experiences with Ryzen 7 3800x. It harnesses the full potential of components with its fast storage, networking, and upgraded delivery.
For better performance and heat resistance it comes with the MOS heatsink which efficiently provides cooling keeps the heating in check.
The audio technology of SupremeFX lets the user immerse in music. Better online gaming experience is provided by the exclusive GameFirst V which optimizes connection and network traffic to avoid online lag. The styling of the motherboard is also an eyecatcher.
- AMD AM4 Socket 3rd and 2nd AMD Ryzen/2nd and 1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics ProcessorsAMD AM4 Socket 3rd and 2nd AMD Ryzen™/2nd and 1st Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
- AMD X570 chipset is present
- 128GB of memory available for storage
- 2 x PCIe 4.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8) expansion slots are provided and Supports, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 and features dual M.2 and USB 3.2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- It has an ATX Form Factor, with 12-inch x 9.6 inch as dimensions
- The exclusive Aura Sync provides RGB lighting, which also includes RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 GRB headers.
- Provides good overclocking
- Efficient cooling system protects it from heat damage
- The layout and styling is Gamer-friendly
- Only two M.2 connectors are provided
- Efficiency could have been better
Another in the list of the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x we have the steel legend justifying its name provides a rock-solid body. The inbuilt RGB Led adds color to the durable design.
This is a micro ATX board featuring a camouflage-themed PCB and heatsinks to keep the thermal statistics in check. It is a solid body and a budget-friendly option. The overall performance of the steel legend is good.
- 3x PCI-Express 3. 0 x16 Slots (one runs at x8, one runs at x4), 3x PCI Express 2. 0 x16 Slots (run at x4), 1x PCI Express 2. 0 x1 Slot is present.
- It Supports AMD Quad Crossfire and Crossfire Technology and Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit operating system.
- It contains 4 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 ,2 USB 3.1 Gen2 (Rear Type-A+C) and 6 USB 3.1 Gen1 (2 Front, 4 Rear).
- DisplayPort, HDMI is provided for graphic output.
- It provides DDR4 RAM technology and 64 GB RAM.
- It is pretty budget-friendly
- It has durable body
- It Supports up to DDR4-3533+ (OC)
- Overclocking ability is less stable than other motherboards.
- Wifi connectivity is absent
The Crosshair VIII Hero with its ATX form factor and metallic design is loaded with all the popular features of ROG. The optimized design and cooling headers handle the processors without interfering with the performance of thermal throttle.
ROG Crosshair VIII Hero makes the gaming experience seamless and removes all bottlenecks from online gaming by offering advanced connectivity with the latest ultrafast networking, including Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and dual Ethernet with one 2.5G port. The ROG gives the power of customization according to your needs with its RGB lighting, networking, audio, and many more.
- AMD 570X chipset and AM4 CPU socket is supported
- It comes with DIMM RAM technology and 128 GB RAM
- For cooling, it has an active chipset heatsink, M.2 aluminum heatsink, and ROG Cooling Zone.
- It has On-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), 2.5 Gbps Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet for networking.
- For ports, we have USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) with 7x Type-A, 1x Type-C, and USB 3.2 Gen 1 4x Type-A.
- Internal switch for Power, Reset, Slow Mode, Reset CMOS, Safe boot, Retry is present.
- Exclusive features like Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and Gen. 2 addressable headers are provided.
- Effective cooling system with heatsinks for all M.2 slots
- The access to M.2 slot with PCI support is easy
- The BIOS is rich in features
- It is expensive
- The graphic card blocks the chipset fan
The MEG GODLIKE is a heavy-duty E-ATX motherboard with a spectacular design. The dynamic board and spectacular LED panel makes it stand out.
To provide high performance and reliable power delivery, the MSI features a heavy-duty heatsink on the MOSFETs. For an improved gaming experience the MSI provides advanced LAN networking capabilities and enhanced audio.
- It supports AM4 socket with AMD X570 Chipset
- 4 DIMM slots and 128 GB RAM is provided
- It has 3 M.2 slots,6 SATA III, and 4 PCI-E X16
- For USB 3.2port in front ,it has 1(Gen2, Type C), 4(Gen1, Type A), for USB 3.2 port in rear it has 1(Gen2, Type C), 3(Gen2, Type A), 2(Gen1, Type A) and has 4 USB 2.0 port.
- It supports Windows 10 64 bit operating system
- It is an EXTENDED-ATX form factor
- It has a high-quality network connectivity.
- It has a durable built
- The LED panel is customizable
- It is very expensive
- Software utility access has issues
TUF Gaming X570 is an ATX motherboard with a military-grade component. The AM4 TUF brings the best out of the essential components of the processor.
With its gaming features, advanced power delivery, and comprehensive set of cooling options it delivers a stable gaming experience. upgraded power delivery and comprehensive cooling options provide rock-solid performance.
With its AMD X570 chipset, it delivers outstanding overclocking capabilities.
- Active chipset heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers, and Fan Xpert 4 provide comprehensive cooling.
- Next-generation connectivity is brought by Dual PCIe 4.0 M.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A /Type-C.
- It features Intel Wireless AC-9260 Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) with 2×2 MU-MIMO and wide 160MHz channels
- It features an AMD X570 chipset.
- The exclusive Aura Sync RGB has Synchronized LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strips.
- It has 128 GB RAM and supports DIMM RAM technology
- It has 4 memory slots and supports an AM4 socket.
- It is has good price value
- The cooling options provided are nice
- It has an easy UI to overclock.
- Front-panel USB 3.1 is absent
- Limited SATA ports are available
The unique-looking X570 Creation E-ATX is inspired by the concept of element explosion tailor-made for designers and content creators.MSI motherboard is designed in such a way that it has a convenient setup and usage.
It also has additional features for pin-header keep out zone, friendly SATA & USB location, and multiple cooling solutions. For high performance and good power delivery, MSI included heavy-duty heatsink on the MOSFETs.
MSI has tried to incorporate advanced features and the latest technology to overwhelm any challenge at hand no matter whether you’re a gamer, prosumer, or PC enthusiast.
- It Supports 4 DIMMs, Dual Channel Memory DDR4, up to 4600+(OC) MHz
- To ensures that all processors, even the high-end processor, run in full speed and provides convenience for installation, they have used all-metal extended heatsink cover,
- With dual 8pin power supply and IR digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance and core boost
- It supports DDR4 SDRAM and has 128 GB RAM
- built-in M.2 are kept safer and faster using thermal solution
- It supports AMD X570 chipset
- Wireless Bluetooth and Wifi is present
- It is easy to overclock
- USB 3.1 Gen2 connectivity is provided
- It is a well designed and good looking motherboard
- Power consumption is high
- It is quite expensive
The X570 ACE is an ATX motherboard with high-class design. It is rich in features. It is a strong built and durable motherboard. It has a heavy-duty heat sink on MOSFETs, it is important for high performance of PC and reliable processor power delivery.
The motherboard is designed in a way to make the system assembly process convenient for the user. It is designed after keeping both the physical and device compatibility in mind.
The advanced features and the latest technology is enough to overwhelm any challenge at hand no matter whether you’re a gamer, prosumer, or PC enthusiast.
- It comes with On-board 2.5G LAN and Gigabit LAN with gaming LAN manager, and Wi-Fi 6
- It has Triple Lightning Gen 4 M.2 slots capable of unidirectional transfer speeds up to 64 GB/s
- Audio Boost HD technology is present, with isolated circuitry, dedicated audio processor, and ESS DAC with an amplifier
- It has 4 memory slots. It supports DDR4 RAM technology and has 128 GB RAM.
- It supports the AM4 socket.
- It provides good gaming performance
- It has an excellent VRM design
- Good control on the chipset fan
- Only 4 SATA ports are provided
- It is quite expensive
The ROG Strix X470 is both good looking and good at performance. It’s an ATX motherboard designed in such a way that it is easy-to-use. The tuning tech and understated aesthetics are provided for a great gaming experience.
Comprehensive cooling controls, fast storage, and exclusive technologies that enhance memory reliability and speed provides great performance experience to the user. It is a well designed and well-equipped gaming motherboard.
- Optimized Auto-Tuning is provided and Fan Xpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling.
- It has Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio driven by Japanese capacitors features an onboard LED-illuminated design.
- It has a memory storage capacity of 64 GB
- It supports DDR4 SDRAM
- It has an integrated graphic card
- It supports AM4 socket
- It has stable overclocking capabilities
- It has a smart and subtle style
- It is cost-efficient
- It does not provide audio shielding
- The aura is sometimes glitchy
Buying Guide For Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 3800x
- Form Factor
Form Factor refers to the dimension of the motherboard. The size of your motherboard is completely dependent on your need so we cannot say which form factor is the best.
The larger motherboards such as E-ATX and ATX have more slots available but their pricing is also higher whereas the smaller motherboards have reduced cost but the number of expandable slots such as the PCI-e slots is also reduced. Choose a size that fits and suits your needs.
There are several options available in the market for the socket. A right CPU socket brings out the maximum performance of the computer, so it is important to choose the CPU socket wisely.
The sockets are of three types, they are PGS, LGA, and BGA.BGA is for CPUs that will be soldered into the laptop or console. LGA are sockets for desktops. Where the CPU is soldered on the laptop we use a BGA socket.
All three come with different compatibilities, hence, you need to buy the motherboard that will perform best with your computer system.
This is probably the most important feature of a motherboard which needs to be considered.RAM is short for Random Access Memory and is an important part of your motherboard.
For light computer applications and games it is recommended to go for 16 GB of RAM, but if you are to use your system for heavy computation, software and gaming then it is recommended to go for a motherboard with higher random access memory.
- PCI Slots
PCI or Peripheral Component Interconnect is used for adding internal components to a desktop computer, it is located on the motherboard. They have been the standard type of expansion slot for years and they allow expansion cards to be connected.
Your requirement of the motherboard is the deciding factor of the PCI slots. Expansion slots are of three types PCI Express, PCI, and AGP. The best type of expansion slot to have in your PC is the PCI Express, also written as PCIe.
For heavy games, you should consider having a full-speed PCI Express x16 slot and if possible it is better to have multiple of those if you want to connect multiple cards. Motherboards also offer standard PCI slots and smaller PCI express slots for other cards, like sound cards, Wi-Fi adaptors, and other connectivity expansions.
The number of SATA ports in the motherboard needs to be considered. SSD or HDD optical drive and storage drives are allowed to connect using a SATA port. You should have SATA according to the need of your drive.
SATA 3.0 formally known as SATA 6Gb/s, is a third-generation SATA interface running at 6.0Gb/s. The bandwidth throughput, which is supported by the interface, is up to 600MB/s needs to be paid more attention. For peripheral connection, you should also consider having a USB 3.0.
It is better to purchase a motherboard with built-in features such as expansion cards because expansion cards are already present so we don’t have to worry about expansion cards.
Additional inbuilt features such as on-board audio, Bluetooth, and wifi are also important. These are the important features that need to be provided at some point and them being inbuilt makes the motherboard cost-efficient and reduces trouble. According to individual needs, important features should be considered.
Choosing the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x can be challenging considering that there are so many of them to choose from various brands and with so many different features.
The above-listed motherboards have made it easier to choose a motherboard that matches our requirements and price range. The best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x can easily be chosen and even customized according to need.