The 10900K is Intel’s most powerful consumer desktop CPU to date, and will require a high-quality motherboard to handle its capabilities. This post will help you find the best motherboards for your i9 10900K.
The newest member of our premium gaming line has shown itself off with great success–besting its predecessor across multiple benchmarks proving just how capable they really are when put against any other contender out there today without sacrificing anything else such durability/overclocking potential etc…
- Best i9 10900K Motherboard To Buy In 2021
- 1.GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS Xtreme: Best Z490 Motherboard For i9 10900K
- 2.ASUS ROG Maximus XII Apex: Best Flagship motherboard for i9 10900k
- 3.MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE: Best Overclocking motherboard for i9 10900k
- 4. Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite
- 5.MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus: Best Gaming Motherboard for i9 10900K
- 6.Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ELITE AC: Best Overall Motherboard For i9 10900K
- 7.MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi
- 8.ASUS Z490-E ROG STRIX GAMING
- 9.ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming WiFi: Best ASUS Motherboard For i9 10900K
- 10.MSI MEG Z490I Unify
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best i9 10900K Motherboard To Buy In 2021
1.GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS Xtreme: Best Z490 Motherboard For i9 10900K
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Xtreme is the motherboard that has outstanding performance to unlock your Intel 10-Core CPU’s potential. It features Gigabyte R & D abilities along with top class elements for an unmatched user experience!
Customers who bought this product claimed they would buy it again when in need of another high end system PC, proving how much people love its quality and design aspects.”
This motherboard is a powerful, high end piece of hardware that delivers on quality and performance. The side mounting makes cable management easy as it doesn’t get in your way when things heat up; however some users reported random crashes which could be due to overheating or other factors such as bad Cooler Master cooler (the one included). For those who like their builds more stable than they are now this board would make an excellent addition!
The perfect hardware for gamers, this ultimate motherboard is required to be future-secured so that your system becomes advanced and up-to date with the latest technology. It offers next Gen networking connectivity, Wi -Fi storage capacity ,and more to help you move forward against all of those competitors out there!
- It has thunderbolt 3 port
- Very efficient cooling solution
- Temperature sensors at multiple places
- It does not have SATA controllers
2.ASUS ROG Maximus XII Apex: Best Flagship motherboard for i9 10900k
ASUS ROG Maximus XII Apex is the best gaming motherboard for those who want to maximize their visual experience. This board features 16 power phase VRMs, dual eight-pin connections and a Wi-Fi 6 that’s capable of handling more bandwidth with less interference from external sources so you can game faster than ever before!
With Intel 2x Ethernet onboard this bad boy will have your wired connection running perfect too–lag free video streaming included*.
This is ideal for overclocking and performs well under heavy workloads. It offers a rich set of features to meet your needs, but it can’t be used by average people or gamers because the motherboard only supports one graphics card at time – so if you need something with more than one GPU in order do these tasks properly then this isn’t what you’re looking for!
This Motherboard doesn’t suit ordinary users; however severe game players will love its high-end performance capabilities when gaming on multiple screens via CrossfireX technology (a system that allows two compatible video cards from different brands to operate simultaneously).
You’ve been asking for it, and now you can put your skills to use with a custom AI-overclocked motherboard. This board will not only outperform any competitors but also be attractive as well! It’s expensive? Yes -but this high quality product offers reliable features such as three M.2 sockets eight SATA ports ten USB ports robust VRM Wi-Fi 6 etc.
- Fastest boot up time
- The best SSD in the world
- Best gaming motherboard for i9 10900k
- WiFi 6 802.11ax connectivity
- Only supports one graphics card at a time
3.MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE: Best Overclocking motherboard for i9 10900k
MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE is built with the best manufacturing technology currently available, using only high end components to be future -proof for at least five years! With Wi-Fi 6 and Thunderbolt 3 port this motherboard offers plenty of connectivity options– all in one place! You’ll need to use a Thunderbolt 3 cable and an external GPU box for this motherboard to work with more than one graphics card at once.
It features 12+2 power phase designs, triple full-speed M.2 slots, three USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2/1 ports and five SATA connections with speeds up to 32 Gbbps which is perfect for hard drive storage or SSDs on RAID! You can’t go wrong with all of these premium components that will ensure this build is going to be the best it possibly could be!
This board has a couple of slight negative factors though: firstly, there’s no Wi-Fi on board so you’ll need to purchase a separate connection device in order to enjoy fast internet speeds. Secondly, it comes with only two USB 3.1 connectors instead of three which will give you less connectivity options than most other boards out there on the market!
- Fastest boot up time
- Delivers 5×26 Gbps speeds via SATA cables
- Best overclocking motherboard for i9 10900k
- Powerful VRM 12+2 power phase design
- Wi-Fi 6 and Thunderbolt support via external devices
- 12+2 power phase design to ensure stability under heavy workloads
- Supports three M.2 slots to increase storage performance by up to 32Gbps!
- Affordable price tag for this build type
- Comes without Wi-Fi so separate device may be required for fast internet access
- Only comes with two USB 3.1 connectors which are less options than most other boards on the market
4. Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite
Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite offers an attractive yet tough design that’s built with high quality components you can trust for at least five years to come! It also supports Wi-Fi 6 for fast internet speeds and USB 3.1 Gen 2– perfect for any storage devices or MicroSD cards!
The motherboard has tons of options when it comes to connectivity so even if you have a ton of peripherals this board is going to be your best choice so far! Plus, there are no major negative factors regarding this build type!
It would’ve been perfect if Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite had built-in Wi-Fi though but that’s not the end of the world considering you can easily find an inexpensive adapter for that!
- Comes with built-in support for Thunderbolt 3 Type-C ports
- Offers easy overclocking due to being an AM4 Ryzen 3000 motherboard
- Supports three PCIe 4.0 slots for increased storage performance– Up to 128 Gbps!
- RGB Fusion 2.0 software allows users to create their own unique color schemes for this build type
- Doesn’t have Wi-Fi so separate device may be required for fast internet access
5.MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus: Best Gaming Motherboard for i9 10900K
This motherboard has tons of connectivity options such as two front USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, six USB 3.1 connectors, triple full-rate M.2 slots to ensure plenty of space for storage devices or SSDs on RAID and a whopping six SATA connections if you need even more room than that!
Additionally, this board has support for SLI and Crossfire setups in case you’re looking to upgrade your graphics card in the future! Additionally, this motherboard can support up to 4.0 GHz overclocking with fast DDR4 2666MHz RAM which makes it perfect if you’re looking for an Intel Z490 motherboard that’s built with overclocking in mind!
There are no negative factors regarding this build type either so MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge AC LGA1151 is definitely worth considering when making your next PC build!
- Supports SLI and Crossfire setups for increased graphics performance down the road
- Six SATA connections for plenty of options when it comes to adding storage devices or SSDs
- Two front USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports provide easy to very fast data transfer rates
- Comes with built-in support for up to 4.0 GHz overclocking– Perfect if you’re looking for an Intel Z490 board
- Only comes with two RAM slots so plan on purchasing additional RAM if using more than eight gigs or upgrading in the future
6.Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ELITE AC: Best Overall Motherboard For i9 10900K
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ELITE AC was designed for those who like to push the limits of their hardware. It offers advanced thermal solutions and heavy duty heat sink screws as well as thick high quality cooling pads that will keep your overclock stable, no matter how long you game or stream!
With 2×2 wireless networking built in this board also makes sure there’s never any lag while using wifi during gameplay sessions online – perfect if latency is an issue with other routers around town (or at home).
This mobo is for gamers who want to take their game up a notch. It offers an affordable price with all the bells and whistles you could ask for, including 12+2 phase power design that will provide more stable overclocking performance than ever before!
This board serves its purpose as both overclockers’ dream come true or someone looking just want top-of line features at top tier quality without breaking your wallet.
Gigabyte is a brand that offers high-quality products with fantastic performance. It has an excellent reputation in its circle, and it won’t compromise on quality or performance for you! The low price makes Gigabytes most attractive feature as well; we recommend trying them out if only to help reach your destination safely.
- Offers 2×2 wireless networking to ensure lag-free gameplay while using wifi
- Six SATA connections and three full-rate M.2 slots to accommodate plenty of storage devices or SSDs
- 12+2 phase power design provides stable overclocking performance down the road
- Aurora RGB lighting gives your system a unique look and feel (Or you can stick with traditional black and white)
- Only two RAM slots compared to other Z490 boards that come with four
7.MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi is a great option if you need a motherboard that can keep up with your high-end graphics card even when the going gets tough. This board’s performance at overclocking has been optimized to ensure your RAM and CPU are getting all of the power they need to handle even the most complex games.
This means improved frame rates, better processing of higher detail levels, and faster response times – perfect for FPS gamers! MSI makes their products simple to install as well, meaning that there’s no headache or annoyance setting them up.
This mobo comes with integrated 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi support which allows for speedy connections without lag– Perfect if latency is an issue with other routers around town (or at home).
MSI makes sure that you’ll be getting the best performance possible and will continually push their limits to make further improvements. This motherboard is backed by a two-year warranty and will perform as promised!
- Ideal for those who want high end graphics card support
- 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi allows for lag free gameplay while using wifi
- Two-year warranty ensures satisfaction with your purchase (and potential upgrade protection!)
- We had no complaints with this product! Perfect if you’re looking for an Intel Z490 board.
8.ASUS Z490-E ROG STRIX GAMING
ASUS Z490-E ROG STRIX GAMING is another great option for you if you’re looking to take your game up a notch. This board has four DDR4 RAM slots that will allow you to install up to 128GB of memory (equivalent to 32 GB x 4), which means lag free gaming even with the highest graphic settings!
This motherboard offers plenty of storage too, including 6 SATA connectors and 3 full rate M.2 slots. What’s more, this mobo has high quality components which makes overclocking both fun and rewarding without compromising on stability or power delivery.
We recommend ASUS Motherboards 100% because they have been holding it down for years in this department– a brand that knows what they’re doing and knows what the gamers want!
- Four DDR4 RAM slots allowing up to 128GB total memory
- Six SATA connectors and three M.2 slots for plenty of storage space
- High-quality components ensure stable overclocking and improved performance with no compromise
- We didn’t have any complaints, this is a solid choice if you’re looking for an Intel Z490 board that comes in at a competitive price. This board has it all!
9.ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming WiFi: Best ASUS Motherboard For i9 10900K
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming WiFi is a fantastic option for those who want something a bit more compact or who do not have the space to go with an ATX motherboard.
This board comes in at a smaller Micro ATX form factor and allows gamers to still enjoy powerful graphics processing while also having the ability to add accessories such as water cooling solutions or sound cards without sacrificing on performance!
ASUS makes its boards easy to set up and this one especially, thanks to their optimized BIOS that gives you the best configuration for your gaming experience.
Not only does it give you great visual clarity, but this mobo also brings audio performance through a 2×2 spatial array that ensures high quality sound no matter where you’re sitting while you’re planning your attack. This board will give you the premium gaming experience at a fair price point– an awesome model for gamers on a budget!
- Optimized BIOS allows for easy configuration and setup of hardware components
- Smaller Micro ATX form factor ensures less sacrifice in performance if you have limited space or are upgrading from an older system
- High-quality audio sound through 2×2 spatial array
- It only has two chassis fan connections
10.MSI MEG Z490I Unify
MSI’s MEG Z490I Unify is a flagship model specially designed to be the best at what it touches. MSI combines power and strength from existing weapons with advanced technology for superior performance, customization options that can tweak any aspect of your system in order to get exactly how you want it – whether its intense gaming or improved operational efficiency!
This board has some serious specs behind it that will provide the ultimate experience for any gamer. Available memory options include up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM, which is about 32 GB x 4, all depending on your needs– so play around with the configurator and choose what works best for you!
This motherboard also comes equipped with an Intel I219-V gigabit LAN controller, so you’ll be able to enjoy stable online gaming. This board brings high quality audio experience through two built-in stereo amplifiers that are sure to pack a heavy punch in terms or clarity and precision sound.
MSI makes this model easy to set up as well by including their exclusive Gaming App software, which allows users to customize BIOS settings without even entering Windows!
- Extremely reliable and stable due to its high-quality components
- Intel I219-V gigabit LAN controller for stable online play
- Two built-in stereo amplifiers bring amazing sound quality
- Simple setup with MSI’s exclusive Gaming App software that allows customization right from the dashboard!
- It lacks RGB lighting
The socket is the place where you will be attaching your processor to. You have a few options for this, including 1151 H4, 1150 1150v2 and 1155 LGA. All of these sockets allow for a variety of CPUs from Intel and AMD, so depending on what you’re going for in terms of performance– either high or low end – there is a CPU out there that will fit the bill!
Intel’s 7th generation CPUs are Kaby Lake, with 8th Gen being Coffee Lake, and 9th Gen being Whiskey Lake. While generations vary in performance improvements, it may be necessary to look into the generation of motherboard that corresponds properly with the type of processor you are using.
The motherboard format is an important factor for gamers looking to upgrade or build their own PC. There are three main types of motherboards, including ATX, Micro ATX and Mini ITX.
While they all vary slightly in performance factors, it’s best to choose one that will fit your current setup while also taking into consideration what the motherboard will be used for– if you want to use high-end components on a budget, go with the smaller Mini ITX board!
If you’ll be overclocking your system heavily with many peripherals attached, however , go with the larger ATX form factor.
Memory capacity refers to the total amount of RAM your motherboard can support. This is measured in GB, or gigabytes.
You will want to make sure that you have enough memory for the operating system and any programs you plan on using .
Max Number Of Memory Slots:
The maximum number of memory slots refers to how many sticks of RAM you can put into the motherboard at a time. Try not to exceed this number as doing so may cause instability issues, which could lead to crashes and other problems during operation.
Keep in mind that if you buy more memory on top of what is included with the motherboard , it must be compatible with the board’s specifications . Otherwise, your computer case will need a new slot free first before adding sticks!
Expansion slots refer to the available connection points on your motherboard for peripherals like RAM and other components , such as GPUs and USB ports. Some motherboards will love up to three PCI-E x16 slots, which allow for three high-end graphics cards for maximum performance!
Others may only have one. While not as important as memory or CPU sockets, this should be taken into consideration when making a purchase.
Storage options include hard drives, solid state drives (SSDs) and other devices that can store large amounts of data. These are measured in GB again, so you’ll want to keep track of how much storage space you want and need– if you plan on installing specific programs or games that will take up large amounts of space , then you’ll want to go with more. If you just need something that can hold basic files, then go small!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best motherboard for i9 10900k??
The ASUS ROG Maximus XII Apex is the best motherboard for i9 10900k.
Is it possible to install 2 hdd drives and a ssd drive with these motherboard?
Yes, you can install two hard drives and an SSD into most of these motherboards!
What is the cheapest motherboard for the Core i9-10900K?
The cheapest motherboard for the Core i9-10900K is the ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero Wi-Fi AC.
The motherboard is one of the most important components of your system. It houses all of the vital components such as your CPU, memory and graphics card so it’s more than just a platform for connection!
A good motherboard should give you room to grow within reason, while also providing you with ease-of-use features that will simplify your life and remove system bottlenecks.
Thanks for reading the article everybody . We hope you found it informative and useful. If you did please share this article on social media; it would be greatly appreciated!