In the search for Best Motherboard for i7 8700K? Then now you are in the right place as we have made a list of 10 Best Motherboards for i7 8700K that you can get in 2022 for your gaming pc build.
The motherboard is the main circuit board of any integrated or expandable system. It keeps all the electronic subdivisions of the system working in coordination. The performance is made to cope with the processing of 8th and 9th generation Intel Core processors, Celerons, and Pentium.
Peripherals, sound cards, video cards, interface cards, network cards, extra USB or FireWire slots, and hard drives are some of the many controls under the motherboard. Let us see what can be the top selects for Best Motherboard for i7 8700K.
- 10 Best Motherboard for i7 8700K In 2022
- 1. Asus ROG Strix Z390-E : Best Motherboard for i7 8700K
- 2. ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 Motherboard: Best Gaming Motherboard For I7 8700k
- 3. GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Ultra Gaming Motherboard: Best Z390 Motherboard for i7 8700K
- 4. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Mini-ITX Motherboard: Best Value For Money Gaming Motherboard For I7 8700k
- 5. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming Z370 ATX Motherboard: Best Compatible Motherboard
- 6. ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151: Best Motherboard For i7 870k In Market
- 7. MSI Performance Intel ATX Motherboard: Best Intel ATX Motherboard For I7 8700k
- 8. MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Motherboard: Best MSI Motherboard for i7 8700K
- Â 9. Gigabyte Z390 UD: Best Build Motherboard
- 10. ASRock Z370 Extreme4
- Buyerâ€™s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Conclusion :
10 Best Motherboard for i7 8700K In 2022
1. Asus ROG Strix Z390-E : Best Motherboard for i7 8700K
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E with the dimensions of 13.5 x 3.03 x 10.75 inches is designed for the 8th and 9th Gen Intel Core processors with extended speed and connectivity. It has a 5-way optimization that lets you optimize your system in just one click.
Along with dual M.2, it is equipped with a Wi-Fi facility as well. The Fanxpert ensures expert cooling and thermal control. The second-generation USB 3.1 guarantees high speed.Â Â
The new versions are very quick at delivering over-locking results that usually take a long time with manual tuning. It has a pre-installed Windows 10 operating system of 64 bits.
SupremeFX S1220A gives good performance with headsets and better virtual sounds while gaming. The IO shield is previously installed and reassures high-quality performance. The lithium battery ensures a good battery backup and efficiency.
- 802.11AC Wi-FiÂ is available.
- Streamlined installation ensured by the I/O shield.
- 5-way optimization.
- ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming feature.
- Comes with a Friendly design.
- For the 9700K/9900K, its 4 phase VRM is not sufficient.
- Colour schemes may not seem pleasant to some people.
2. ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 Motherboard: Best Gaming Motherboard For I7 8700k
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
This gaming motherboard with the dimensions- 14.57 x 4.25 x 12.28 is the next on the list and is specially designed for the 9th Gen Intel Core processors. It has a 5-way optimization that lets you optimize your system in just one click.
One of the best features out of the numerous remarkable ones is the extensive cooling control. The DRAM overclocking balance is due to ASUS optimum II.
With the dual M.2 and built-in Wi-Fi, this motherboard offers high-quality performance. SupremeFX ensures high-quality sound effects for the best gaming experience.
XI Hero Z390 is equipped with extended gaming durability and an efficient cooling system. Along with an excellent memory, this product offers a quick response to commands.
- Comes with 5-way optimization.
- Comprehensive cooling controls.
- Faster memory support is available.
- Synchronized RGB lighting technology.
- Optimum II for careful memory mapping.
- Colour schemes may not seem pleasant to some people.
- Needs a bios update for a 9900K CPU.
3. GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Ultra Gaming Motherboard: Best Z390 Motherboard for i7 8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Ultra Gaming Motherboard with 13.58 x 11.57 x 3.14 dimensions is designed to support the 8th and 9th Gen Intel Core Processor. Direct Touch Heat-pipe and thick thermal pads provide ultra cooling.
The improved thermal design with cooling fans helps to avoid overheating. Optane memory is another excellent feature of this device. The Wi-fi speed is upgraded ensuring smooth video streaming and a break-free gaming experience.
AORUS 360 Armor gives the game system strong and durable protection. Smart Fan 5 works efficiently to keep the system maintained without being overheated during continuous gaming.
- Triple M.2 with Triple Thermal Guard.
- Onboard Intel CNVi 802.11AC Wi-Fi.
- Durable protection ability.
- VRM delivers quality power.
- Great value for money product.
- Bios is not easy to deal with even with the updates.
4. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Mini-ITX Motherboard: Best Value For Money Gaming Motherboard For I7 8700k
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard is specifically designed for the 8th and the 9th Gen Intel Core processors. With the dual M.2 and heat sink, this device is well equipped for gaming.
It offers excellent bandwidth for seamless gaming connectivity. FanXpert makes sure to cool the system down from overheating and thus avoids risks.
The efficient processors and other components provide you with a continued reliance on its performance and storage. The audio quality is enhanced with SupremeFX which heightens the standards of sound effects.
It offers 5-way optimization, along with the USB 3.1 that guarantees faster connectivity. This device is well equipped to check to overclock and ensures a persistently good-quality performance.
- M.2 double-decker heatsink.
- Comes with 5-Way optimization.
- Gigabit LAN is also there.
- Comes with Intel Optane Memory.
- Addressable RGB header.
- The network connection might be poor at times.
5. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming Z370 ATX Motherboard: Best Compatible Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming Z370 ATX Motherboard is designed specifically for the 8th and the 9th Gen Intel Core Processor with maximized connectivity and speed.
The device is 12.01 x 1.00 x 8.58 inches in dimensions and weighs 3.50 lbs. The SupremeFX S1220A with dual headphone amplifiers gives a great audio experience while gaming and other related tasks. It also guarantees an uninterrupted and top-quality output and input.
The Aura software permits you to alter the LED effects and enjoy the liberty of creativity. It comes with a USB 3.1 and 3D printing features.
The automatic tuning feature manages other aspects such as over-clocking and thermal issues. Moreover, the design of this device is effective and smart to optimize its performance.Â
- In-built Intel Optane Memory.
- Comes with Dynamic system cooling.
- Advanced software performance.
- 3D printing mounts are available.
- No extra space for additional CPU cooling fan.
6. ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151: Best Motherboard For i7 870k In Market
ASUS Prime Z390-A
ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 with dimensions of 12.91 x 2.68 x 10.35 inches is exclusively designed for the 8th and the 9th Gen Intel Core Processor.
It offers maximum connectivity and speed along with one-click optimization with smart prediction to overclock the CPU. Fan Xpert 4 gives advanced system cooling. It gives a customizable performance with AI overclocking.
The second-generation USB 3.1 guarantees ultra-fast connectivity. This device offers high-quality audio and video along with various levels of hardware protection.
- Better DRAM overclocking stability due to ASUS Optimum II.
- 5-Way Optimization.
- Safe Slot Core with Protection III Hardware-level safeguards.
- High definition audio with Realtek ALC887.
- Full RGB lighting control.
- Non-addressable 4 pin headers.
7. MSI Performance Intel ATX Motherboard: Best Intel ATX Motherboard For I7 8700k
MSI Performance GAMING Intel ATX Motherboard is specially designed for supporting the 8th Gen Intel Core Processor. The design and layout are suitable for making optimum use of storage.
You are also given the freedom to customize the gaming according to your preferences. This device has an advanced heat sink for a quicker and better thermal solution.
Such a feature helps to avoid overheating issues and lets you use the system for long periods. With the high-end processors, it can carry out even heavy tasks with great diligence.
- A Built-in Wi-Fi option is there.
- Slots supporting up to 64GB.
- Best optimized layout for storage.
- Ultimate gaming customization.
- No beeps to troubleshoot.
- Update of Bios is required for dealing with the 9th Gen.
8. MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Motherboard: Best MSI Motherboard for i7 8700K
MSI MPG Z390
The versatile MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Motherboard supports 9th generation i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K, along with the 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron, processors.
This device is designed with dimensions of 12.00 x 9.60 x 1.20 inches and a weight of 3.30 lbs. It has special inbuilt features for high-performance gaming.
The system is equipped with second-generation Turbo USB 3.1that ensures efficient connectivity. It comes with an in-built IO shielding for warding off dust and increasing security for the ESD.
- Dual-channel DDR4 Memory.
- Comes with 2x TURBO M.2.
- Optane Memory is also there.
- Control Mystic Light SYNC.
- Outperforms most of the top-quality gaming products.Â
- Issues may appear due to bios being not up to the mark.
Â 9. Gigabyte Z390 UD: Best Build Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
Gigabyte Z390 UD is a durable choice due to its stable structure that provides enough support to the additional components attached such as the graphics cards. This also prevents the model to break down on rough handling.
Supported with ultra-durable armor, this device provides the ultimate graphics features. The Smart Fan cooling system ensures instant cooling of the device, dodging off the possibilities of heating up.
This system has six thermal sensors where the fans can be replaced according to the requirement. The Realtek LAN performs an automatic assignment of bandwidth and chooses the most suitable network.
With the decreased drain source, the power usage is channeled wisely by providing power to the energy-hungry units of the system.
- Full-color RGB Light strip support.
- Smart Fan 5 with multiple temperature sensors.
- Ultra Durable Armour for Multi-way Graphics Support.
- In-built 8+4 Solid Pin Header.
- Enhanced VRM Design.
- The Monitoring App feature is not available.
- Not compatible with some old components.
ASRock Z370 Extreme4
This device has four DDR4 DIMM memory slots that make the set-up the most powerful and suitable environment for the userâ€™s programming needs. The ports include USB 3.1, HDMI, Type A, and C ports. ASRock Z370 Extreme4 supports eighth-generation processors and NVIDIA Quad SLI.
The components are all tested and proved efficient, which ensures perfect usage without compatibility issues. The memory modules are extremely efficient with the DDR4 technology.Â
- The motherboard is protected with spike protection from all sides.
- HDMI connection supports the maximum speed.
- The memory ports are easy to access and provide more memory relatively.
- It does not support the 4K display.
The Intel Core i7 8700k processor is the 8th Gen processor that provides 4.70 GHz speed. The memory provided by it is the 12 MB cache. The buyer should be aware of some basic facts and keys about the i7 8700k processor.
Here is a very brief and important list of facts about the Best Motherboard for the i7 8700K processor and the motherboard choice for the same. A buyer must follow the following points for the right choice and smooth working of the system :
Frequently Asked Questions
Is i7 8700K compatible with all LGA 1151 motherboards?
No, not all. Only the ones that have the Z370 chipset are compatible.
What is difference between Z170 and Z370 motherboards?
There are a few differences between these two chipsets. The main difference would be the number of PCIe lanes for connecting storage drives and graphics cards in SLI or Crossfire mode.
These run at 16x speed on Z170 while they run at 24x speeds on Z370. Intel has also introduced Optane Memory support for faster data access through an SSD + HDD combination which requires SATA-based M.2 drives to work properly – this makes SATA ports 3 and 4 unusable if you are using Optane.
There is also support for DDR4 2666 memory on Z370 boards while this was limited to only 2400 MHz on the Z170 chipset.
There are not many differences between these two chipsets that can be noticed by an average user, but then again that’s why it is better to be safe than sorry so go with the Z370 chipset rather than Z270 for the future-proofing your rig.
What brand motherboard should I buy for i7 8700K?
There are many good motherboard brands available these days, but one of the best ones for this specific CPU is ASUS. Other than that, you can choose what you like.
What brand motherboard should I buy for i7 8700K?
As far as Intel processors are concerned, you should choose ASUS if you want your rig to work perfectly – they make some of the best motherboards out there.
If you don’t like ASUS or can’t afford one, other brands make great motherboards which will also work well with an i7 8700K processor.
Is i7 8700K compatible with all LGA 1151 motherboards?
No, not all of them support it. Make sure the motherboard you choose has a “Z370” chipset otherwise it won’t work.
Do I need to update BIOS for i7 8700k?
Not. Just make sure the motherboard you choose has a Z370 chipset to work with i7 8700k.
What is difference between H110, B360 and H310 motherboards?
The main difference would be that you can use Coffee Lake processors on a Z370 or even Z270 motherboard while if you have one of the latest Intel chipsets like H370 for example, there won’t be any Coffee Lake support whatsoever.
Other differences include several PCIe lanes, the number of RAM slots, and USB ports.
How many amps does a PCIe 6 pin connector provide?Â
If it isn’t mentioned anywhere on the box then you should check online to see if that particular model provides 12v power from the PCIe slot.
If it says 16x speed then it should provide 75w and if it says 1x speed then that means only 75 MBS will be provided no matter what.
Does 8700k need a Z370 motherboard?
Not in any way, but if you plan on overclocking or want to use the Optane Memory feature from Intel then the Z370 chipset is used for this while all other chipsets won’t allow you to do so.
However, make sure your motherboard has the same chipset because there are some differences between them which may prevent things from working properly or even damage your system hardware.
What’s difference between an M2 SSD and SATA drive?
M2 SSDs can shine because of their limited space – they are much smaller than SATA drives which allows them to be placed in weird spots.
However, there are not many differences between these two drive types when it comes to speed so if you don’t need an M2 slot then just stick with a good old SATA drive.
How do I use the Optane Memory?
You have to buy Intel’s Optane Memory module separately and install it into your M.2 slot on your motherboard along with an SSD which will act as a memory cache for all data that usually takes a longer time to load up from hard disk storage.
The result is faster loading times for certain programs like games or even Windows itself alongside lower power consumption – both modules combined will use only four or five watts of power compared to 30 watts consumed by a normal HDD.
Are Optane Memory modules compatible with all motherboards?
Yes, they are but you will need the M.2 slot on your motherboard along with SATA port 3 and 4 enabled in order for this to work properly so make sure that everything is OK before buying one.
What’s the difference between Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake?
This one is hard to explain but just know that the i7 8700k is part of the second generation of processors while the older i7 7700k belongs to the first generation which means there are some differences between them – both when it comes to speed as well as overclocking ability.
If you don’t plan on overclocking then there is no point in getting a new processor for your existing motherboard unless you want to upgrade from i7 7700k.
Is 8700k the best CPU on the market right now? Â
It’s debatable but it belongs in the top 5 if not even higher because its performance can’t be compared to anything else out there – only Intel Core i9 CPUs are a bit better while some AMD Ryzen processors may offer slightly more affordable prices.
Various motherboards with their specifications have been mentioned above. A complete guide for the purpose is also given above for your convenience. A perfect choice greatly depends on your needs and requirements. The basics that should be considered in any case are also mentioned in the Buyerâ€™s Guide.
The right choice of motherboard concerning the system processor is important for the coordinated working of your system. The available ports, the automatic heatsink or fan, the display support, and the memory handling allowed to the Motherboard, give a great performance of the system if found compatible with your system processor.