The Intel Core i5 660k is a sixth-generation processor and is one of the top-rated and best products on the Skylake range. So we made a list of Best Motherboard for i5 6600k.
It can support both DDR3L and DDR4 memory chips and a maximum screen resolution of up to 4096 x 2304 pixels.
It ultimately means you will receive a faster response and refresh rates, plus in-depth screen details, and higher gaming experience with enhanced resolution.
One of the best features that the Intel Core i5 660k processor has to offer is the ability to overclock it without any worries regarding the limitations, which in turn will make it ideal for gaming and multimedia content creation.
The i5 660k CPU i5 processors come equipped with 3.5 GHz 4 cores taking lower energy and providing 4k resolution. This sixth-generation Intel processor comes unlocked to help deliver the best performance that you desire.
Since it has been explicitly built for LGA 1151 motherboards, we recommend that you go for this chipset to obtain an optimized performance in your high-end application usage or during gaming.
Along with this, the Z170 motherboards are also considered to be highly robust motherboards with the i5 660k processor.
Since each chipset comes with its own set of different specifications and features, it aids the chipsets in becoming the best fit for a particular system set-up. Here, we will be providing you with a list of the Best Motherboard for i5 6600k.
- Best Motherboard for i5 6600K In 2022
- 1. Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard: i5 6600k compatible motherboard
- 2. MSI Pro Z170 ATX Motherboard
- 3. ASRock Z170M EXTREME4: Best Build Motherboard For I5 6600k
- 4. Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Motherboard: Best budget motherboard for i5 6600k
- 5. ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING: Best Gaming Console Motherboard For i5 6600k
- 6. MSI Z170A ATX Motherboard: Best ATX Motherboard Of I5 6600k
- 7. MSI Pro Series B250 LGA 1151: Best Budget Gaming Motherboards For i5 6600k
- 8. Asus Z170 PRO Gaming 3400 : Best Gaming Motherboard For i5 6600k
- 9. ASRock EXTREME4 MicroATX LGA 1151 Z170M
- 10. Gigabyte LGA 1151 GA-Z170-HD3 2-Way CrossFire: Best 4k Motherboard For I5 6600k
- Buying Guide to Best Motherboard for i5 6600K
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Best Motherboard for i5 6600K In 2022
1. Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard: i5 6600k compatible motherboard
The Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard supports the sixth-generation Intel Core processors. Featuring an Intel Z170 chipset and Dual BIOS, it also has different slots – three PCI-Express 3.0 (x16, x8, and x4) and two PCI-Express 3.0 x1.
In addition, it also has two M.2, six SATA 3, and three SATA Express storage slots. It has a dimension of 13-inch x 11-inch x 3-inch with 64 GB maximum RAM size.
It has four dual-channel DDR4 DIMM slots with six USB 2.0, seven USB 3.0, and one USB 3.1 slot while sporting a 7.1 channel HD audio port.
It supports the 6th generation Intel Core Processors Audio Noise Guard with LED path lighting. It features a 2-way SLI and 3-way CrossFire support. The SATA Express can support 16GB/s data transfer and M.2 for SSDs drives with up to 32 GB/s data transfer.
It has a lengthy lifespan with reliable, durable caps, along with an APP Centre, Including Easy Tune and Cloud Station utilities.
Also Read – 10 Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 3700x In 2022
- It allows for faster data transfer speeds of up to 16 Gbps on SATA and 32 Gbps on M.2.
- Transferable Qualcomm OP-AMPs.
- It has a top-class performing E2201 LAN controller.
- It also has an X-Fi MB3 sound blaster for a fantastic gaming audio experience.
- There are no reset and power buttons.
The MSI Pro Solution (Z170A PC Mate) is a well-priced motherboard with quality over-clocking maintained by the MSI. This MSI motherboard with the Z170A PC Mate is long-lasting and will give you quality service that might be better than the offered price if you provide the best care.
You can use this motherboard for mid-range gaming, office work, and also surfing the internet.
Providing adequate ports and slots for various add-ons and peripherals makes doing office work more comfortable and helps to promote light gaming.Â
The Z170A PC Mate offers standard specs in different motherboards. These include the Z170 Express chipset, 4 x DDR4-3200 memory slots, Realtek RTL8111H LAN, and onboard sound and video. It has only three fan slots.
Also Read – 5 Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600 in 2022
- It is a moderately priced, mid-range motherboard.
- It has a robust design.Â
- It has easy-to-use Bios.Â
- It has enough slots and ports for connecting various computing peripherals.
- It has only three fan slots.
3. ASRock Z170M EXTREME4: Best Build Motherboard For I5 6600k
Having superior specifications with its small form factor and excellent graphic performance, the ASRock Z170M EXTREME4 is one of the best motherboards available.
The ASRock Z170M EXTREME4 is known to be one of the best in its class for its features, which include its 12 power phases, power or reset buttons, and a diagnosis HEX screen.
It features an Intel LAN controller and secondary â€˜recoveryâ€™ BIOS allowing a full gaming experience with minimal problems.Â Additionally, the motherboard has all its five fan headers supporting PWM. This allows more precise control of fan speed as compared to when using voltage.
The reset or power buttons, along with the onboard HEX screen for trouble-shooting, are features that are only available on premium motherboards. The ASRock Z170M EXTREME4 comes with SLI support and a two-card crossfire.
The micro ATX motherboard design will let it fit into the squeezed CPU cases. It can be considered an excellent motherboard for i5 6600k due to its great specs to play video games requiring heavy graphics.
The motherboard comes with M.2 SSD storage, plus the reset buttons and onboard power allowing you to diagnose any test issues. In addition to that, the CMOS reset button (IO panel) enables you to recuperate from ardent overclocking.
The x16 PCI-E slots with suitable release procedures are easy to operate, and you can easily remove the graphics card. It also has right-angled SATA ports. Hence, it is easy to install, and finally, the four slots for RAM are compatible with various futuristic video cards.
- It has the power or reset buttons.
- It has a compact build to allow smaller case installation.
- The favorable BIOS allows easy overclocking.
- It allows multiple graphics processors.
- No 4k video support.
4. Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Motherboard: Best budget motherboard for i5 6600k
The Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Motherboard has been designed for video production, photography, and gaming. Created from quality products allowing 4-way GPU support and extreme overclocking abilities, the Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Motherboard has a highly durable motherboard to improve speed and efficiency.
It supports SATA M.2 SSD devices and PCIe and contains a two-way CrossFire Multi-Graphics and additional 4K Ultra HD Support. It also supports DDR4-2400/ 2133/ 2800/ 3200 and 4 DDR4 DIMM slots with a maximum capacity of 64 GB.
The Z170 chipset featured in the motherboard allows you to overclock with the correct setup. The Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Motherboardâ€™s LGA 1151 socket supports dual channel DDR3 3 SATA Express connectors with a clocking maximum of 16 Gigabits per sec transfer speed. You will achieve better sound without the need for desktop DAC through the in-built Creative Sound blaster.
The motherboard also features an LED trace path and an installed G1/4 thread fitting on the motherboardâ€™s heat sink. The PCI lanes are reinforced with metal housing for improved durability and also to stop GPU sagging.
With the 2-way crossfire multi graphic support, audio noise guard, high-end audio capacitors, and 3 SATA Express, it also allows for next-generation storage and connectivity.
Recommended read: Top 10 Best Motherboards For Ryzen 5 5600X
- It allows for a top transfer speed of 16 Gbps via dual-channel SATA express connectors.
- It has G1/4 thread fittings on heat sinks.
- Supports 4K Ultra HD video.
- Comes with the RGB LED feature with built-in sound blaster audio.
- It has metal housing on PCI slots which enhances durability and eliminates GPU sag.
- There are no free PCI slots.
- It has less number of USB connectivity ports.
5. ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING: Best Gaming Console Motherboard For i5 6600k
The ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING features a USB 3.1 as Type-C and Type-A connections and 4 USB 3.0. Additionally, the Gigabit Ethernet port has the ASUS LAN Guard protection. With a bolstered CPU power solution, the motherboard uses Realtek ALC1150-based audio having a quality Intel I219V Gigabit network controller.
Asus is famous for its ROG line that presents premium computer parts. The ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING has excellent specs that are great if you have a tight budget.
For your top-end gaming experience, the micro Z170 ATX board, one of the 100-series chipset clusters by Intel, is just great for it. Like ROG motherboards, the ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING motherboard comes with a 5-way optimization control that enables full capacity operation and easy overclocking.Â
The Z170 ATX is made of an LGA1151 socket with DDR4 and DDR3 memory controller and also possesses double DDR4 3400 support. Furthermore, the motherboard is backward compatible with the LGA1150 socket that is standard in Broadwell.
The RAM Cache feature also allows the speedy motherboard to load games. Supporting CrossFire and SLI, the board style matches the red and black theme, common in all gaming components.
The bolstered CPU allows a better power solution along with an eight-phase VRM allowing it ten-phase implementation.
The Gigabit Ethernet port allows Guard protection for the ASUS LAN, and the SupremeFX allows a seamless audio experience. Lastly, the Sonic Radar II will allow you to detect and scan the enemies that you will require to dominate.
- It has great-looking LED lights.Â
- It has a simple optimization enabling a one-click system tweaking and overclocking.
- Its small form factor is advantageous as it allows users with irregular cases or small tower cases for increased aeration.
- This will not work with select high-end RAM.
6. MSI Z170A ATX Motherboard: Best ATX Motherboard Of I5 6600k
The MSI Z170A Krait Gaming has excellent overclocking stability and ease of use with the BIOS that is easy to navigate resulting in the perfect gaming experience for beginners.Â
The board mostly stands out due to its solid build where there is no sagging or bending after adding components or connectors.
The MSI Z170A Krait Gaming gives you the leverage to build a handsome PC with the red LED under-glow and the well glossy finishing of the motherboard. The motherboard is compatible with both single as well as dual-GPU gaming, targeting a vast audience.
With its affordable price and brilliant features, it could provide benefits from gamers to even graphic designers. It is easy to assemble, so it is excellent for beginners who want to build their first PC.Â
Overall, the MSI Z170A Krait Gaming motherboard may not be your traditional powerhouse, but it is adequate without faults with a very handsome and solid build.
Though not meant for extreme overclocking, it is pretty decent when you look for a stylish fit, and it is comparatively easy to install and boot.
Editor’s Recommendation: 10 Best Ryzen 7 5800x Motherboards In 2022Â
- It is perfect for those gamers who are on a tight budget.
- There is no more tiresome waiting with the lightning-fast boot.
- It has a spontaneous BIOS, which is exceptionally easy and convenient to use.
- It delivers a proficient, long-term, and secure operation.
- With a low-profile and sturdy design, it has all the necessary ports and slots.
- n average standard performance.
- The SATA ports might give up after several months.
- It comes with a maximum of three slots for fans.
7. MSI Pro Series B250 LGA 1151: Best Budget Gaming Motherboards For i5 6600k
This is the best gaming motherboard designed by MSI that will take your experience into a new era. With an unlimited customization option, this board offers you nothing but pure quality and excitement for sure.
The seventh and sixth generation of IntelÂ® Coreâ„¢ processors is supported by this motherboard. It also supports DDR4-2400 Memory, which delivers speeds up to 3466MHz maximum!
This masterpiece was founded after years of development using only the best performing tools on earth – we’re confident it will keep you running smoothly for a very long time.
This motherboard is packed with smart features, which means that you can very easily rely on this to give your best experience under any circumstance.
Must read: 5 Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600 in 2022
- Attractive lighting USB sections.
- You have the choice to customize or utilize the LED as per your needs.
- The motherboards fit in every system so you don’t have to worry about stability and form factors.
- No limitations in overclocking.
- Come with M.2 slots which give an excellent Turbo transfer rate.
- Top-notch sound quality.
- At the first level, you need to update its BIOS if you want to use a new memory.
8. Asus Z170 PRO Gaming 3400 : Best Gaming Motherboard For i5 6600k
Asus strives to provide their customers with easy-to-use yet beautiful products, which is why they are known as the best company in this respect.
The new ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming provides great specifications for any user who wants an affordable build that has top-of-line features at a reasonable price point perfect!
The ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming motherboard is perfect for gamers who want to optimize their system and overclock with ease. With 5-way optimization controls, this bad boy has everything you need in one place!
The Z170 ATX is made of the LGA1151 socket with a DDR3 or DDR4 memory controller. It also possesses double-DDR4 3400 support, which makes it perfect for high-performance gaming systems!
This board style matches red and black themes common in all components because they’re associated with intense gameplay – so pick one up today if you need more power than what’s available on your current PC build!
Read our article on: 8 Best Motherboard For Threadripper In 2022
- Quick boot-up time and excellent overclocking power.
- Upgraded stability.
- Signal coupling technology delivers better throughput and secure connection.
- If you have some high-specific RAM modules, donâ€™t get support from the mobo.
9. ASRock EXTREME4 MicroATX LGA 1151 Z170M
If you need a fast and powerful graphics card to take full advantage of your i5 6600K, this Motherboard will be the best choice.
It has been proven by experts in overclocking who recommend it for gamers looking at getting maximum performance from their system without compromising on GPU grunt or other components that affect gameplay such as memory bandwidth access times etc.
The ASRock Z170M EXTREME4 is the best motherboard in this class because it has 12 power phases, a reset button for when you’re building your PC from scratch with relative ease.
The HEX screen on top allows easy diagnostics that make troubleshooting possible without having to do any guesswork or worry about going into lengthy details!
Plus four slots allow compatibility with various video cards so no matter what type of gamer you are there will always be an option waiting just ahead.
The design of the motherboard allows it to be installed in small computer cases. The two-card SLI support and micro ATX mobo make this an ideal choice for any gamer looking to build their system with plenty of power under the hood!
You might like to read: 10 Best Motherboard For i9 9900k In 2022
- The motherboard has a more controlled fan speed due to the PWM support compared to the voltage power.
- Power/reset buttons are there, M.2 slots, onboard HEX screen to put this board at a top-notch level.
- Users can enjoy multiple graphics processors.
- The compact design gives you extra free space in the cabinet.
- 12 power phases offer greater OC and deliver stable power.
- Secondary â€˜recoveryâ€™ BIOS with Intel LAN controller help to achieve excellent overclocking conditions.
- 4k is not supported.
- You may have to compromise in terms of power voltage at the time of overclocking.
10. Gigabyte LGA 1151 GA-Z170-HD3 2-Way CrossFire: Best 4k Motherboard For I5 6600k
This motherboard supports sixth-generation Intel core processors and provides Audio Noise Guard with LED path lighting.
The onboard APP Center, Including Easy Tune and Cloud Station utilities, will keep your system running at peak performance longer than ever before!
With SATA Express transferring data up to 16GBs per second you won’t have any trouble getting the most out of this great product from MSIâ€”even if it’s gaming or work-related!! This motherboard is perfect for users who need a higher-end system, such as those in the gaming industry or content producers.
This motherboard has been designed to offer maximum efficiency and speed. The PCI lanes are reinforced with metal housing, which not only improves durability but also stops GPU sag!
It includes a built-in Creative Sound Blaster so you can experience better sound without the need for an external DAC device – just plug in your headphones or speakers of choice straight into this board’s 3×3 watts RMS output power jack.
- Top-notch transfer speed of 16Gbps due to the dual-channel SATA express connectors.
- The RGB LED feature with inbuilt sound-blaster audio.
- The 1/4 thread fittings on the heat sinks.
- Supports 4K ULTRA HD video.
- Excellent durability because it has metal housing on PCI slots also eliminates GPU sag.
- No free PCI slots are there.
- Only a few USB connectivity ports.
Buying Guide to Best Motherboard for i5 6600K
Here are specific points that you might need to consider before you buy your motherboard for i5 6600k.
This includes features such as its shape and size, connector and ports type and location, and the layout of the power interface and mounting holes.
ATX design is the typical motherboard design size and will require the largest cases, but on the other hand, the ATX design motherboards will have a high number of memory sockets and PCI-E slots.
Before you make your purchase, do make sure your motherboard choice will support the RAM you have or need to use on it. DDR-2 is a common RAM; however, the motherboard should also support RAM sticks.
Supported Processor and Expansion Ports and Slots
You will require a motherboard that will support speed and type of processor unit to achieve maximum efficiency. This can be checked physically through the allowed processor socket. You should also check the number of expansible ports and slots of each type.
Since the chipset is not replaceable, you need to determine the type of chipset on your motherboard. For this, you may consider checking reviews on the type of chipset on the motherboard to determine its usefulness or your gaming purpose.
You can go to sites such as Motherboards.org to check the motherboard’s reputation. You can also consider checking the motherboard compatibility with different operating systems.
The on-board attributes
You need to consider the different support media like multimedia, video, graphics, and audio support if you need them on your motherboard.
The operating system (32 bit or 64-bit processor)
In the i5 6600k processor, it is a 64-bit component, and hence it will also support other 32-bit applications.
I5 6600k Graphics card
The PowerColor PCS+ R9 390 is a fantastic choice for the i5 6600k CPU. It allows adequate cooling and performance with its 3-fan structure.
Also Read – 10 Best RAM For Ryzen 3700x In 2022
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is Intel Core i5 6600k good for gaming?
It can be considered cheap for the performance it provides and is the best option for those not looking to spend much money.
This is the best alternative for those who are on a budget, and in this way, allows for investing money in a better GPU. It is excellent if you are not playing the latest game on Ultra 4K.
2. What gen is i5 6600K?
The Intel Core i5 6600k 3.5 GHz Gen Skylake Desktop Processor/ CPU Retail, is the 6th gen processor.Â
3. Is an i7 better than an i5?
You might think that itâ€™s about the number of cores, but for the most part, the Core i5 processors have four cores just like those of i7s.
The Intel Core i7 processors generally have a faster base clock speed, or they have more GHz. A higher number will mean better performance, as the i5 65oo is more rapid than the i5 6400.
4. How many threads does the i5 6600k have?
The Intel Core i5 6600k 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor features four cores with four threads in an FCLGA1151 socket and has 6 MB of Intel Smart Cache memory.
5. What gen is Skylake?
The Intel Skylake is a 6th generation CPU.
6. Is i5 still useful in 2022?
It is still good for gaming in 2022. All current-gen games are designed for current-gen consoles, which are quad-core CPUs.
This article provides you with an adequate amount of options for the best motherboard for the i5 6600k processor.
We have compiled this list after a thorough analysis and pointed out each of the above devicesâ€™ pros and cons. Do go through the buyerâ€™s guide section before making a purchase. Now, it is all up to you to pick your ultimate motherboard for i5 6600k.