When you need to keep your PC as quiet as possible, it is important to consider the size of your CPU cooler. Large coolers can be quite noisy and take up a lot of room inside your system. This article will cover the best low-profile CPU coolers on the market and help you find one that suits your needs.
Here are some of the best low-profile CPU coolers currently available. If you’re looking for a solid and stylish cooler that won’t take up too much room in your system, these should be perfect!
- Best Low-Profile CPU Coolers In 2022
- 1.Noctua NH-L9i: Best Low-Profile Cooler
- 2. CRYORIG M9i: Best Low Profile Cooler for Small ITX Cases
- 3. Noctua NH-L9a: Best Mid Height Low Profile CPU Cooler
- 4. Cooler Master Hyper 212X: Best Cheap Low Profile CPU Cooler
- 5. Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4: Best Low Profile CPU Cooler With Heatsink Fans (DDR4 Compatible)
- 6.Cryorig C7: Best Low Profile CPU Cooler With Wraith Stealth
- 7.Corsair ML120 PRO: Best Low Profile LED Fans
- 8.Cooler Master MasterAir G100M: Best RGB Low Profile CPU Cooler
- 9.Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M: Best Budget CPU Cooler Under $70
- 10.Deepcool GAMMAXX GT: Best Low Profile CPU Cooler Under $20
- Buyer’s Guide For Best Low Profile CPU Coolers
- Frequently Asked Questions About Best Low Profile CPU Coolers
Best Low-Profile CPU Coolers In 2022
1.Noctua NH-L9i: Best Low-Profile Cooler
Noctua’s reputation for high-quality cooling systems is well known in the industry. They are consistently ranked among the best of breeds, and their latest release underlines why they deserve this status with their quiet operation but outstanding performance capabilities that leave even more satisfied users than before.
The NH-L9i is a low-budget cooler that will keep your processor cool and functioning at an optimal level. With its 92mm fan, it also operates quieter than most other products on this list!
The NH-L9i is a great cooler for both Intel and AMD processors, but if you want to use it with an AM4 motherboard and processor then this version will be necessary.
The Noctua NH-L9i is an excellent air cooler, but its color scheme can be difficult to get past. Luckily for you though there are all-black versions of the fan available which not only offer superior cooling performance as well as a more stealthy look that suits your needs just fine!
The original NH-L9i is a unique case in its own right, but if you’re building inside of a mini-ITX with no window and don’t care about aesthetics then this shouldn’t be much trouble for you.
This cooler is a great choice for anyone who wants an affordable, quiet cooling solution on their computer.
It can handle CPUs that produce less than 95 watts of heat with ease and operates at very low noise levels – two things most gamers will appreciate!
- 92mm PWM Fan operates at low noise levels, ideal for gamers.
- Can handle CPUs producing up to 95 watts of heat.
- Comes with Noctua’s industry-leading 6-year warranty.
- The fan has a brown color scheme that may not fit your computer’s look.
- Will not be effective with high-power CPUs or certain coolers.
2. CRYORIG M9i: Best Low Profile Cooler for Small ITX Cases
CRYORIG has become a well-known name in the PC cooling industry with its focus on low noise operation and high-performing products. The M9i is an excellent example of how they maintain the speed you need as well as keep your computer as silent as possible – perfect if you have a compact system!
It is a clean, all-black design that will blend right into any build, this CPU cooler can handle 50- 95 watts of heat and operates at a whisper-quiet 18.8 dB – perfect for those looking to keep their computer as quiet as possible!
This is the ideal cooler if you have an ITX or mini-ITX system, as its small size makes it easy to fit inside compact cases without taking up too much space, but also because it can handle CPUs that produce up to around 95 watts worth of heat – something most other low profile coolers don’t have the capability to do!
The M9i’s PWM fan is designed for high airflow with a maximum speed of 2200 rpm, but the tradeoff is that this cooler will not be quite as effective during long-term use.
This means that although it does its job well in the short term, you will need to upgrade within a few years.
- Silent 16.8 dB operation that won’t drive up noise levels of your computer.
- Can handle CPUs producing up to 95 watts of heat.
- PWM fan operates at high speeds during normal use but reduces when plugged into the motherboard – not great for long-term use or when expanding system.
3. Noctua NH-L9a: Best Mid Height Low Profile CPU Cooler
Noctua’s sleek black design with subtle red accents makes this CPU cooler stand out from the crowd, but it also packs a punch when it comes to performance!
This low-profile tower CPU cooler can handle 65- 95 watts of heat which are perfect for those looking to upgrade their system or just want peace of mind that their PC will be protected during heavy use.
The NH-L9a stands at about 40 mm tall – making it ideal for smaller cases and HTPC setups where space is limited. It operates quietly at only 16.8dBA so you won’t have to worry about noise either!
One of the best parts about this CPU cooler is how easy it is to install. Noctua has thought ahead when designing these coolers and included a low-profile backplate, so you won’t need unsightly modifications in order to get all the features you want – perfect for aesthetics!
It’s also compatible with both Intel and AMD sockets making it a great option if you’re looking for an upgrade that will work well no matter what your build is like.
- Sleek black design that blends in nicely with any system.
- Very quiet 16.8 dB operation.
- Equipped with a low profile plate, which allows for easy installation on smaller systems or cases where space is limited.
- Large size makes it difficult to fit in smaller cases – not ideal for someone looking to replace a stock cooler with no modifications.
4. Cooler Master Hyper 212X: Best Cheap Low Profile CPU Cooler
One of the greatest things about Cooler Master’s low-profile CPU cooler is how versatile it is. At only 49mm tall, this small tower cooler works well for both ITX and mATX systems, but its universal mounting system also makes it great for those who want to upgrade their existing build as you can swap out the backplate with one designed for either an Intel or AMD socket!
This means that if you ever decide you want to switch from your LGA 1151 motherboard to an FM2+ build, all you’ll need to do is order the proper backplate and away you go!
Another advantage of this low-profile cooler is the fact that it comes with a 92mm PWM fan that can be adjusted depending on your needs. Capable of operating at speeds between 300 – 1200 RPM, you’ll never need to worry about noise levels either!
Cooler Master’s Hyper 212X is also extremely affordable coming in at under $40 which makes this one of the most affordable 120mm fans out there!
You won’t get flashy looks or cutting-edge technology with the Hyper 212X but it will reliably handle CPUs up to 120 watts without breaking a sweat – something most stock coolers aren’t capable of doing!
If you’re looking for an upgrade on a budget, then look no further than Cooler Master’s offering here.
- The mounting system allows for easy installation on either an ITX or mATX motherboard.
- The affordable price makes it a great option for those on a budget.
- Compact design is perfect for smaller systems and HTPCs where space is limited.
- It lacks all of the bells and whistles of more advanced low-profile CPU coolers – you won’t find RGB lighting or fan control here!
5. Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4: Best Low Profile CPU Cooler With Heatsink Fans (DDR4 Compatible)
When it comes to CPU coolers with heatsink fans, Be Quiet!’s option is one of the best low-profile CPU coolers you can get.
At only 150mm tall, this cooler will fit in virtually any case without issue! Not only that but its sleek black design won’t draw attention to itself allowing you to keep your rig looking clean and professional!
One of the greatest things about Be Quiet!’s silent cooler is how simple it is to install. Not only does this low-profile CPU cooler have a universal backplate, but it’s also compatible with both Intel and AMD sockets making it perfect if you plan on building an all-AMD or Intel rig!
This makes it ideal for those who are planning to upgrade their computer – you never have to buy another low-profile CPU cooler again because this one will work with everything, regardless of your system’s configuration.
While Be Quiet!’s low profile CPU cooler does come equipped with a 4 pin PWM connector that allows for fan speed control via the motherboard, there are no included software or RGB lighting options here; if you want to monitor and change fan settings, you’ll need to do so directly from your motherboard.
This lack of features isn’t really an issue as Be Quiet!’s low profile CPU cooler is compatible with DDR4 memory modules; those who want to ensure that their RAM modules won’t be damaged by heat can rest assured knowing that this low profile CPU cooler will keep everything nice and cool!
If you’re looking for a great heatsink fan option without any other fluff or fancy features, then look no further than Be Quiet’s offering here.
- Compatible with both Intel and AMD motherboards and sockets
- Comes equipped with a PWM 4 pin connector (no extra cables needed)
- Works well with DDR4 memory modules making it perfect if you want to use the same heatsink fan in future builds.
- Universal mounting plate allows for easy installation on any motherboard
- Compact design won’t take up too much space in your rig.
- The cooler fan has no RGB or fan control options. If you wish to monitor or change the fan’s speed, you’ll need to do so via motherboard controls.
6.Cryorig C7: Best Low Profile CPU Cooler With Wraith Stealth
When you think of a CPU cooler, the first thing that probably comes to mind is a large heatsink fan. However, there are some low-profile CPU coolers out there with smaller designs that offer great performance at a fraction of the size!
In this list today we’ll be looking at Cryorig’s C7 – a compact low profile CPU cooler that packs a lot of punch despite its small size!
When you’re on a budget and need an affordable CPU cooler option then look no further than Cryorig’s offering.
Priced well below $50, this low-profile CPU cooler is perfect for those on tight budgets who don’t want to make sacrifices when it comes to cooling their processor!
Despite its affordable price tag, however, this low-profile CPU isn’t lacking in features! With a universal backplate and easy installation, Cryorig has made sure this CPU cooler is perfect for all sorts of motherboards.
This low-profile CPU cooler comes equipped with a PWM 4 pin connector which allows motherboard controlled fan speed control so you can keep your system cool without having to worry about overclocking or making any other changes.
The C7 also works well with both Intel and AMD sockets so if you’re planning on building an all-AMD or Intel rig then look no further!
- Offers great performance at an affordable price
- Universal backplate and easy installation will keep your system cool without any trouble.
- Compact design helps keep things nice and tidy within your rig.
- Fans on the lower end of the performance spectrum (nothing too bad though)
- Not really suited for space-hungry cases as it is a low-profile CPU cooler with small fans.
7.Corsair ML120 PRO: Best Low Profile LED Fans
The ML120 PRO is a relatively new series to the Corsair 120mm fans and that’s because they’re unlike any other fan in their lineup!
What makes these different from all other fans? Well, you’ll be pleased to know the answer to that question is simple; there isn’t anything else like it on the market!
These low-profile LED fans add an extra touch of class and style to your rig while keeping things cool at the same time!
These low-profile LED fans are designed to be used as case fans but can also be fitted on other components within your build including radiator cooling.
One of the key features that make this fan stand out among others is its magnetic levitation technology which basically means you won’t have to worry about any complicated installation methods, making it perfect for beginners!
With these low-profile LED fans, all you need to do is just clip them into place and they’re ready to use – no screws required!
This unique design approach makes the Corsair ML120 PRO one of the best low-profile LED fan options that money can buy right now.
- Great combination of performance and value.
- Clip design makes it easy for beginners to installing without requiring special skills or tools.
- Unique magnetic levitation technology offers excellent stability and noise reduction without any complicated installation methods.
- Not really suited for professional use or advanced builds due to the simplicity of its design.
8.Cooler Master MasterAir G100M: Best RGB Low Profile CPU Cooler
The G100M is Cooler Master’s first low-profile CPU cooler to utilize their new CM fan design which has since then become one of the most widely used fan designs on the market today.
The reason for its popularity? Unlike traditional fans that use thin blades this fan uses thick blades that are capable of providing great performance at lower speeds.
This unique blade design makes it perfect for people who want to build fast-performing rigs without having to worry about noise. In other words, it’s great for both performance and silence!
One thing that stands out about this low-profile CPU cooler is its all-black exterior which makes it look professional while also being able to match well with a wide range of builds.
While the blades may be thick they’re still capable of pushing a lot of air outwards due to the unique design that Cooler Master has implemented within this fan, meaning you’ll be getting good performance at lower speeds which in turn will reduce your noise levels even further making it one of the best LED fans around. If you’re looking for a way to push your rig to the next level then get yourself a G100M today!
- Comes with 1x 120mm fan that’s capable of producing a high volume of air flow while also operating at lower speeds for reduced noise levels.
- All black exterior looks professional and can be matched with any build easily.
- Includes RGB lighting which allows you to control the color displayed on your fan through software such as CAM, RGB Fusion etc…
- Higher than average price tag making it less suitable for gamers or casual use.
9.Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M: Best Budget CPU Cooler Under $70
The MA410M is another example of Cooler Master’s amazing design expertise when it comes to low profile CPU coolers.
Just like the G100M, this fan uses a unique blade design but this time around they’re much thinner making it ideal for people who want high performance without having to worry about noise levels. What makes this design even better?
Thanks to its blades being angled upwards towards the center of the frame they’ll be able to push more air than conventional fans at lower speeds! If you only want quiet operation then this is the fan you should get.
With its unique and stylish design it’s easy to see why this low profile CPU cooler has become one of the best selling products on the market today.
However, Cooler Master didn’t stop at unique aesthetics as they were also good enough to include RGB lighting with this fan which allows you to control the color your LED’s display through software such as CAM or RGB Fusion (software not included).
When you couple all of these amazing features together it becomes clear that there really isn’t a better product out there if noise reduction and great looks are what you’re after.
- Amazing performance to noise ratio thanks to a uniquely designed blade design.
- Includes a 120mm fan capable of rotating at lower speeds while still being able to produce good airflow.
- Includes RGB lighting which allows you to change the color of your fan through software such as CAM or RGB Fusion.
- No such major cons.
10.Deepcool GAMMAXX GT: Best Low Profile CPU Cooler Under $20
Don’t let the price of this fan fool you, despite its low cost it’s still capable of offering high performance levels thanks to the fact that it uses a custom blade design.
It may be lightweight but don’t let that deceive you as Deepcool is still able to offer an impressive number of airflow per minute while keeping your noise levels down at the same time which makes this fan ideal for people who are looking for good performance without having to break the bank.
As far aesthetics go then this cooler does things differently in comparison to most other fans on the market with its three blade design which gives it a unique appearance making it stand out from all others.
However, if RGB LED lighting is what you’re after then unfortunately you’ll have to look elsewhere as this fan doesn’t include any.
- Great performance and noise levels even though it’s a very lightweight fan.
- Unique three blade design which helps increase frame rigidity and airflow per minute.
- Aesthetically pleasing as far as low profile CPU coolers go with its black and white color scheme.
- Doesn’t include RGB LED lighting like many others on the market today do.
Buyer’s Guide For Best Low Profile CPU Coolers
When searching for a low profile CPU cooler it’s important to remember that most of them won’t offer the same performance levels as high-end aftermarket coolers which is why you must compare their cooling power closely to find one which will be able to keep up with your processor’s cooling needs.
Size & Weight:
Another thing you need to consider before making a purchase is the size and weight of the fan since some may not fit into smaller cases while others may be too heavy for certain types of motherboards.
Fortunately, most fans on the market today are lightweight meaning that they’re easier than ever before to install onto just about any motherboard on the market.
Price vs. Performance:
As far as price goes then this isn’t something which you need to worry about when it comes to low profile CPU coolers since they’re pretty affordable. However, performance will vary from fan to fan so carefully read product descriptions and watch videos of each fan in action before purchasing one.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Low Profile CPU Coolers
What is the best low profile CPU cooler?
The best low profile CPU coolers are ones which offer great performance to noise ratios despite being lightweight. Some examples of these include the Deepcool GAMMAXX GT, Cooler Master MasterAir G100M and Cryorig C7.
Do all low profile CPU coolers have to be small in size?
No, there are some larger fans available on the market today such as the Cooler Master Hyper 103 but ultimately your mileage may vary since smaller fans tend to be more compatible with a wider range of cases while bigger fans will only work inside mid tower ATX cases or above.
How much CFM do I need from my CPU cooler?
Generally speaking, larger fans offer more airflow per minute than their smaller counterparts so it’s important to find one with at least 100-200CFM if you plan on overclocking your processor while keeping the noise levels down to an acceptable level.
However, some ultra compact coolers may also offer more airflow despite their low profile since they’re designed specifically for mini cases where space is limited.
What is the average weight of a low profile CPU cooler?
A typical low profile CPU cooler usually weighs around 300g (0.66lbs) or less in order to make them user-friendly for people who like upgrading their PC components on a regular basis.
Bigger fans will always be heavier due to their larger size regardless of whether they’re low profile or not while smaller ones will save you money when it comes time to upgrade your rig since you won’t need anything bigger than ATX cases which usually come with space for 80mm fans at the most.
How far above my motherboard should I place my CPU fan?
If you have a large heatsink then chances are pretty good that it’ll overhang past your motherboard which is why you should make sure that it’s high enough off the motherboard to allow proper airflow if you want your PC to run as cool as possible.
However, it’s also important not to place them too far above the motherboard since this may interfere with other components such as RAM modules and CPU sockets.
What performance should I expect from a low profile cooler?
A low profile CPU fan isn’t going to offer anything close to what a tower heatsink can accomplish but they’re still more than capable of keeping your processor nice and cool even if you plan on overclocking it.
Most fans will be able pick up heat from an i5-6400 without any problems so long as there is ample air in your case which means that you don’t need to worry about buying a pricey air cooler unless you have an i7 processor that needs extra cooling.
How do I install a low profile CPU fan?
CPU fans are relatively easy to install nowadays since they come with a wide variety of mounting brackets and backplates so all you really have to do is remove the old heatsink from your motherboard, apply thermal paste if necessary and then mount the new fan before connecting it up to either your PSU or motherboard depending on where it gets its power from.
Overall, even though aftermarket coolers tend to offer better performance levels in comparison to most low-profile CPU coolers the latter are still a viable option for anyone who wants to properly cool their processors without having to spend a small fortune doing so.
Furthermore, they’re also more convenient when it comes to installation since you don’t have to worry about cluttering up your case with bulky fans which take up too much space while also blocking essential components such as your graphics card from being installed inside.
In addition, low-profile CPU fans usually weigh less than most other types of modern computer fans meaning that you can easily install them onto just about any motherboard on the market today without having to worry about them weighing it down too much or even fit inside your case.
This concludes our article about 10 Best Low Profile CPU Cooler 2018, we hope that you loved reading this article and we’re looking forward to seeing you next time!